Sunday, July 1, 2012

Teddy Does Not Like Ted, New Ice Cream

Preview for Sunday 070112

Some of you don't like my response to Obamacare being found Constitutional. Sorry. That IS my response. Oh I could opine all day about various aspects of the ruling. I could mindless repeat talking points. I could point to experts and what they are saying. I could highlight those on Talk Radio and what they are saying about it. But in reality, none of that matters. It will not change anything. There is only one option left. November 6, 2012. Vote Obama out. Vote Conservatives in that WILL repeal it. Oh I will talk about aspects of the ruling in just a bit. Relax. But first...

Hey folks


Happy Sunday to ya. Welcome to the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk2 Blog. I am of course Peter Carlock, and if you want to contact me for any reason, the Email is opntalk@gmail.com. Glad you stopped by.

Chances are, you, or your kids, had a Teddy Ruxpin. I found it a bit creepy to tell you the truth. My niece had one. It would be sitting on the shelve when she was not around, and out of the blue, just start talking. It was a cute bear that said cute stuff. But when you are the only one in the house and something starts talking to ya. Yeah.

Now I'm sure you heard about, or seen previews of, the new movie Ted? John Bennett is a grown man who must deal with the cherished teddy bear who came to life as the result of a childhood wish...and has refused to leave his side ever since. It looks funny. I may see it when it comes to Netflix I rarely go to the movies anymore. I just do not see the reason to drop a $50.00 to see a movie.

But Ted is NOT receiving glowing reviews from one person, THE one person, that Seth MacFarlane should have probably talked to before making it. Seems Teddy doesn't like Ted.
The guy who created Teddy Ruxpin isn't exactly flattered that his creation got a shout-out in Seth MacFarlane's new movie "Ted" ... in fact, he wishes the movie had NEVER been made at all.
You remember Teddy ... that iconic talking stuffed animal from the '80s who preached love, friendship and other things of the heartwarming sort. He was adorable.
So when Teddy's creator Ken Forsse saw the commercials for "Ted" -- a teddy bear who drinks, smokes, fights and tries to bang floozies -- he felt it was an affront to the entire stuffed animal community.
Does he have a case? Is he thinking about suing? I don't think so. But I think maybe, at least out of respect, someone should have talked to him. It does seems to be where the idea came from. Just saying..

Coming right up?

Screw Congress? Congress Should Say No, Screw You

Diet Wars


All that coming up in a second. Yes, I promise to talk more about the Supreme Court Decision. It has farther reaching implications than you may even know.

Are you an Ice Cream Lover? I am. I love Ice Cream. My favorite, when you can find it, is Chocolate Peanut Butter. Really, anything Chocolate. Hot Fudge? Even better. I try others. I think my second favorite flavor would be Coffee. Yeah I know. Surprise? There is a NEW Flavor out there. Would you try it?
Hummus, the savory Middle Eastern spread made from chickpeas, isn't just for dipping anymore. An ice cream shop in Jaffa, Israel, is now serving hummus ice cream to patrons looking for something a little different.
"I am a hummus freak. I always thought that one day we should make ice cream out of hummus, and after many experiments, we checked the right temperature, the right kind of grains, and achieved the perfect product," said owner Michael Mina to an Israeli television station.
Ice cream maker Boris Schwartz said the flavor has the familiar taste of hummus but that "it is a little sweeter than usual."
"It is a little strange, not for everyone, it's for people who like special things," said Schwartz.
So would ya? I would. Hey, I went to a Garlic Fest in Fort Lauderdale a few years ago. I had Chocolate Garlic Ice Cream. Tasted GREAT. Burped up garlic the rest of the day. But it was good. I love Hummus. I love Ice Cream. Maybe? You never know.

Going to fill my cup. We have a lot to cover today. Be right back.

Peter


Sources:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Welcome to the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you stopped by. What's on your mind today?