Friday, May 25, 2012

Be Prepared For Any "Season" You Are Facing


Here is something  I'm interesting in checking out.

Hey folks

I remember living in NY. There were some days in the Winter, that you just could not go out. Snow storms and all that.Now living in Florida, I have been through more than my share of Hurricanes. Back a few years back, there was one that stuck around for three days. We had no power, whatsoever, for two weeks. 

No matter where you live, you have "seasons." If you live up north, you have Winter. Here in normally sunny south Florida, Hurricane season. If you live in the Heartland, Tornado season. ETC. It one takes one bad day, and it can disrupt your life for days.  

So why am I telling you this. Anyone that has gone through this, knows what happens. No stores. No Water. No food. Nothing. Every year the news tells you what is coming, and gives you tips on how to prepare. Many do. Some don't. These are those in the FEMA lines, trying to get the water, emergency food rations, if you get there early enough and before they run out. 

So it is always a good idea, even if you think, well, it can't happen in my town, to be prepared. Here in Florida, we are creeping up on June 1st. The official start of the Hurricane season. The "Snow Birds" are heading back up north. People are putting up shutters. People are watching the news. Some are buying up the can food and non-perishables. But lets face it. How much canned green beans can one eat? 

So since it's Friday, I was checking the Emails, opntalk@gmail.com, for the "From the Email Segment" and I found this. It's from Hannah. Now I know this is a company, trying to sell you a product. I get that. But this is not a paid advertisement. It IS a good idea. It is also something I will be checking out. 

The company is called eFoodsDirect. Here. This is from their website. 
About eFoodsDirect
Make eFoodsDirect Part of Your Strategy
Our Roots
Over the past 30 years the founders of eFoodsDirect have helped people become more secure and confident with their greatest dependency—food.
When a major emergency strikes, imagine your peace of mind having a convenient, just-add-water-and-simmer food supply on hand. And if a minor emergency pops up where you’re simply trying to feed the kids, you'll appreciate the best-tasting, most versatile food in the world.
As you learn more about who we are and what we stand for, you’ll find the eFoodsDirect Difference is all about putting people first.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Mission
Our mission is to build innovative brands and systems that improve the personal security of each life we touch. We strive to manifest excellence in every aspect of our business by putting people first.
Vision
Our vision is to feed and prosper the world – one meal at a time.
Eat Today, Store for Tomorrow
Serve, Save and Share
Serve:We serve our customers by providing quality products and excellent customer service each and every day. When our customers serve an eFoods meal they can always count on it’s ease of preparation, delicious flavor, and high nutritional value.
Save:We provide the best storable food that can literally save the lives of our customers in times of emergency, hardship, or disaster. As our customers save for their personal reserve, they are insuring a secure future for themselves and their families.
Share:We share a message of preparedness and independence to encourage our customers to gain control of their greatest dependency: food. Our customers share the benefits of eFoods products with their family and friends, increasing preparation awareness for millions of people and making our vision a reality.
Now I will admit, I never heard of this company. But it peeked my interest more than most that send me stuff.  Perhaps because I have lived through two weeks without power, and readily available food. It was not fun. So when I saw this, I checked out the website. You should do that as well. Again, this is not a paid advertisement. But it IS a great idea.

I'll tell ya what folks. I will try the food. Yup. I will try the food and I will report back to you my honest opinion of the product. As many of you know, I do not advertise a lot here. I never advertise anything I do not believe in or have not tried. So I'll try this. I will let you know soon.

But regardless of your opinion on why I am posting this, it is always a good idea to be prepared for anything, no matter what "season" you are in. Here is a way that seems to be an easy, and really affordable way, to assist you in your preparation for come what may.

Have a great weekend folks. See you Sunday..
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Welcome to the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you stopped by. What's on your mind today?