Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Failed Companies Sign Of A Thriving Market


I kid you not.

Hey folks,

Remember OCAN Paints? OCAN is the fictitious Paint that I created. One Coat All Needed. I went out to the market and convinced people that if they buy this paint, they will never again have to paint, whatever it is they paint. Be it a house, or a Car. A Deck, or a Toy. One Coat will cover ANYTHING, and will never chip, peel, or even fade. OCAN is also "Environmentally Safe." One coat. Less garbage. Yeah it costs a bit more, but you will never again have to worry about whatever it is you are painting. Do it ONCE, never again.

It takes off. Car companies buy it for their new cars. Especially in southern states where the sun  can be brutal on vehicle paint jobs. People try it and tell others. Established paint companies buy into it. I become a Billionaire creating 20 factories employing tens of thousands of people. Warehouses to store the product, and to ship the product. OCAN changes the very nature of business and peoples lives. That is the free market.

However? The free market also has flip side. I create OCAN. I build two factories. I build one warehouse to store it. I hire 500 people. Out of necessity, I have to charge a thousand bucks a can. No one can afford it. Or they simply do not want to take the chance. So? No one is buying it. Even if it may, possibility, do what I claim.

The government steps in and says, "Hey, Pete, we thank you for supporting us. We love OCAN. Not to mention it goes with our agenda. It's environmentally safe. It easy to use. Keep it up." I say, well, you know, no one is buying it and I can't afford to make it anymore. They say, "Nonsense. We will give you $500 million dollars. We will promote you. Just stick around for a bit. At least until after the elections." I say OK.

Now in a true free market, I would close up shop. The two factories would close. The warehouse would be locked. YES, the 500 people would lose their jobs. But NOW? Now I line the pockets of my partners. My pockets. I give back a chunk of that money in political donations, and I keep making a product no one wants. When the money runs out, I say to the government, either you give me more, or I have to go. They give me more, the cycle continues. Or they do not, I go away with some money in the bank. Oh the factories and warehouse still close, and the 475 line workers that mean nothing to me, still lose their jobs. Me? I'm great.

This is exactly what is happening in the "Green energy" non-market. There is no market. There is not enough technology yet to make it affordable for all. There is no infrastructural to sustain it. It is to expensive for most to even give it a shot. There is NO market. Yet, because it fits a political agenda, those in the "Green energy" "market" are getting free money. They are getting billions of dollars. They are also closing up shop and moving on. Why? When the money runs out, there is no where to continue? To grow. No one is buying their product.

I was absolutely stunned when I read this. Seriously. Either they think you are a complete moron, or they are  absolutely ignorant. This is by By Frank Jordans, Associated Press, Posted: 06/11/2012 03:58:44 PM PDT There is a report out there telling us that around $257 BILLION, yes, BILLION, has been invested in the nonexistent "Green energy market."

China lead the way with $52 billion. The U.S.? Yup. We came in second with $51 BILLION. We have thrown away, $51 BILLION dollars. What about all those failed and bankrupt companies? They are a good thing. {Laughing} I'm not joking. Failed companies are a sign of a thriving market. I kid you not....
The report's authors said the demise of companies such as Solyndra, Evergreen Solar, SpectraWatt, Solar Millenium and Solon was a sign that the solar industry is maturing.
"In 1903, the United States had over 500 car companies, most of which quickly fell by the wayside even as the automobile sector grew into an industrial juggernaut," the report said. "Today, the renewable energy sector is experiencing similar growing pains as the sector consolidates."
I know some of you are getting tired of hearing this, but it is simple reality. Obama could create hundreds of thousands of new jobs, increase new revenue coming into the government to the tune of a trillion dollars, increase national security, and lower energy costs for all Americans, in this hurting economy. He can do all this without spending one dine. Not one cent.

Instead, he throws away $51 billion dollars, creates more job loss, reduces revenue, decreases national security, and increases the cost of everything, for everyone, in the already hurting economy, in the process.

$51 billion and nothing to show for it. But that IS liberalism. Obama has increased the national debt by over $15 trillion dollars, with nothing to show for it. Well, record high unemployment. Record high home foreclosures. Record high debt. But nothing positive. We are far worse than we have ever been, in anytime in history, with more debt to boot.

The contrast could not be more clear. The reality could not be more visible. To say $51 billion thrown away on companies that take the money, produce nothing, and run away with the money, is a sign of a growing and maturing market, is one of the most absurd things I have heard in a long time. The sad thing is? They just think that it hasn't worked yet, because they need to spend more money. {Sigh}

November is coming folks. The choice is clear. More of the same that is destroying the country and solving nothing, or, perhaps someone with the intelligence to get out of the way and allow America to be great again.  We have seen first hand what the new liberalism is all about. We are living it. Time to change course while we still can..
Peter

Sources:
Mercury News - $257 billion invested in renewable energy in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Welcome to the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you stopped by. What's on your mind today?